- D :: Dammit.
- DanBrown :: TrackingWriters
- DanPrice :: TrackingWriters
- Daniel M Cobb :: TrackingAcademics, NativeAmericanHistory.
- DannyYee :: TrackingWriters
- DaoDeJing :: BookLogging.
- DarkAges :: IdeaLogging.
- DaveClark :: TrackingWriters
- DaveHarrison :: Teacher at the AlbanyFreeSchool, father, poet, friend.
- DavidAnthonyTyeemeClark :: TrackingAcademics
- DavidFlanagan :: TrackingWriters
- DavidFosterWallace :: TrackingWriters
- DavidGraeber :: TrackingWriters.
- DavidHume :: TrackingWriters.
- DavidJamesDuncan :: TrackingWriters. David James Duncan has written, to my knowledge, ''The River Why'', ''The Brothers K'', ''River Teeth'' and ''My Story as Told by Water'', as well as some essays and editorials:
- DavidMartinez :: TrackingAcademics
- DavidNasaw :: TrackingAcademics, maybe?
- DavidReedMiller :: TrackingAcademics. NativeAmericanHistory, CharlesEastman.
- DavidWishart :: <Brennen> TrackingAcademics
- DeanYoung :: TrackingWriters
- Debian :: WareLogging. Useful things on a Debian GNU/Linux system. Also some stuff under Ubuntu.
- DebianTricks :: See Debian.
- DeborahRosen :: <Brennen> TrackingAcademics, NativeAmericanHistory
- Debt :: Debt: The First 5000 Years
- December 11 2010 :: <Alan> How about this for haphazard thievery from better languages: "It combines (in the author's opinion, anyway) some of the best features of C, sed, awk, and sh, so people familiar with those languages should have little difficulty with it." At least credit where it's due? ;)
- December 14 2005 :: <alan> glazed with rain water
- December 15 2004 :: <Labelleski> Wanna buy some mandies, Bob?
- December 16 2004 :: <Brennen> PageIndex, WalaCode.
- December 18 2008 :: <Brent> Beautiful. One of your best.
- December 19 2004 :: <Anonymous> what about space boobies? heh. heh.
- December 19 2012 :: <caeb> I like this post, but feel compelled to point out he used to start in August or at least September. Heather and I negotiated with him annually--he would rarely agree to wait till after Halloween, so we settled for after our birthdays. Come September 17th...
- December 1 2009 :: <Anonrymouse> Truth.
- December 31 2008 :: <caeb> Good riddance to that shit.
- December 3 2005 :: <alan> Bakunin: "When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'The People's Stick.'"
- December 4 2013 :: <stilldavid> That last one.
- December 5 2004 :: <Brennen> PageIndex, WalaCode.
- December 6 2003 :: That's just exactly it.
- December 7 2002 :: <Kira> Most of my memories about my father are sound related. It seemed like he was always playing the piano to me. As I was getting ready to leave for college I asked him why he became an engineer in agriculture and he said he couldn't make a living as a preacher in Mexico. It makes me laugh now. I always thought all he wanted to do was play the piano. He said he played because it felt good but he did a whole lot of other things that also felt good. In my memories he is something completely different. I know this is probably totally unrelated but it's what came to mind when I read it.
- December 7 2004 :: <Brennen> When I finish this, someone feel free to tell me if I've gone off the deep end.
- December 9 2004 :: <Anonymous> Did LOTR have something to do with this? ~labelleski
- DecisionFatigue :: IdeaLogging
- DeclineAndFall :: BookLogging, IdeaLogging. DarkAges. Gibbon, of course, but this page is a start on a quasi-bibliography for Eric. Right now it's rough.
- DeerMouse :: MouseLogging.
- DeleteThisPage :: <Brennen> A marker for pages I'm going to manually delete. Yes, anyone could add this to a page. No, I'm not going to be dumb enough to rm
grep "DeleteThisPage ./, so go ahead if you'd like to register a vote that something be zapped.
- DemocraticEducation :: IdeaLogging; a PhilosophyOfEducation. HistoryOfEducation.
- DemocraticSchool :: IdeaLogging. SeeAlso: DemocraticEducation, FreeSchool.
- DemocraticSchools :: IdeaLogging
- DemocraticTechnology :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. Is this an extant term? If so, where and how is it used?
- DemographicCrisis :: IdeaLogging
- DenebaCanvas :: WareLogging, ImageManipulation. A drawing / paint / page layout app. Macintosh lineage. Earlier versions had a rabid following, 5.0 seems to have been a major disappointment. I have an author using this for some figures in an archaeology book.
- Deniability :: IdeaLogging. Deniability is only useful if you can expect your antagonist to respect (or at least be constrained by) certain norms of process, if you understand the actual norms in play, and if you can afford to invoke them. See also: Being Acquitted Versus Being Searched, and xkcd on security. The world is full of people with wrenches, and some of them work for your government, if not for your employer, political opponent, or ostensible partner in crime.
- DenverColorado :: PlaceLogging, in ColoradoState. In proximity to BoulderColorado, ColoradoSpringsColorado, FortCollinsColorado, and the RockyMountains.
- DenverHousing :: craigslist posting: $300 2 guys, 2 dogs. Open Feb. 1, so probably not still available.
- DenverPublishers :: DenverColorado.
- DerrickJensen :: TrackingWriters
- Design :: IdeaLogging.
- DevonMihesuah :: TrackingAcademics
- Devotchka :: Music, DenverColorado.
- Dhammapada 172 :: WisdomText
- DiminishingReturns :: IdeaLogging
- DinosaurComics :: WebComics.
- DirectDemocracy :: IdeaLogging. See the Wikipedia article, for starters.
- DispatchMusic :: RequiredMusic. ReggaeMusic, FunkMusic, FolkMusic. Also GenreIsBullshit.
- DisplayCode :: WareLogging, PerlLanguage backend for p1k3.com. See also: WalaCode.
- Dissenting opinion on collaborative fiction :: Re: Story flows from character
- DoItYourself :: IdeaLogging.
- Do not do :: == 63. Difficulty ==
- Documentation :: IdeaLogging
- DogsAndCatsLivingTogether :: GhostBusters, BillMurray.
- DoingLaundry :: = lint takers & lint givers =
- Doing laundry :: <Anonymous> Moved to DoingLaundry.
- DomainKnowledge :: IdeaLogging
- DonKnuth :: TrackingWriters. Also DonaldKnuth.
- DonaldHall :: <Brennen> TrackingWriters. Poet. ''Without''?
- DonaldKnuth :: See DonKnuth.
- DonaldRumsfeld :: TrackingPeople. Donald Rumsfeld quotes DavidHume: "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
- Donald L Fixico :: TrackingAcademics
- DosEdit :: <Brennen> Anybody remember DOS Edit? I still use key combinations I picked up in Microsoft's DOS editor and its close cousin, the QuickBasic IDE. These were very nearly the last text-related Microsoft tools I ever approved of.
- DoveAndHudson :: PlaceLogging. A bookstore at the named intersection in AlbanyNewYork.
- Dovecot :: WareLogging
- DownThemAll :: FirefoxExtension.
- Dreamweaver :: <Brennen> Macromedia's Dreamweaver apparently SFTP in a straightforward fashion. (In recent versions, at least. Older versions can apparently use PuTTY to tunnel a connection over SSH.)
- DrugLogging :: How to make wicked hash
- DubEdit :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. Juxtapose with CutAndSplice. See also MixTape.
- DumbMomentsInTechnology :: iptables -A INPUT -j LOG --log-prefix "bad input:"
- DumberThan :: Dumber than a stump.
- DylanThomas :: RequiredPoetry
pick a name (required to comment or edit a page)
last edited June 7, 2005