Many useful words begin with F.
- F :: Many useful words begin with F.
- FIGlet :: WareLogging
- FTP :: WareLogging.
- Fahrenheit 911 :: <Brennen> Still haven't seen this flick. Various people have told me I ought to. Alan dissents.
- FalseEconomy :: IdeaLogging.
- FamilyPaper :: <Brennen> Just notes for a paper I didn't wind up writing.
- FargoNorthDakota :: PlaceLogging
- FastCGI :: WareLogging.
- FatRussianNovels :: BookLogging
- FayeGinsburg :: TrackingAcademics. Anthropology, culture, media, ethnography, etc. FargoNorthDakota. Not (one assumes) related to AllenGinsberg.
- FayettevilleArkansas :: HarvestMoon (UltimateFrisbee)
- FeatureRich :: A category for things.
- February 10 2007 :: <Molly> Glad to see you're back in full force!
- February 11 2007 :: <Anonymous> Ah, you looked up Josh Ritter.
- February 11 2009 :: BookLogging, Anathem
- February 12 2007 :: <Molly> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...apathy.
- February 14 2008 :: Yeah, so pretty much fuck Valentines Day.
- February 17 2006 :: <Molly> so glad someone intelligent (besides myself) realizes the significance and utter greatness that is Green Day. And Nina Simone.
- February 19 2007 :: <heather> I have never eaten silverbeet. (Silver beat: semi-precious hipster.)
- February 1 2006 :: <Molly> how odd that you would link to a Chomsky on anarchism thing. I just had the greatest conversation today at work with a customer about Chomsky and anarchism, surprising myself at how much I actually knew (still not a lot). Well, it's like they say, it's a Chomsky sort of day.
- February 22 2008 :: <Brent> Cool! What's it supposed to output? On this BSD box, I get something like:
- February 23 2004 :: <Anonymous> what is the subject line from?
- February 24 2003 :: The pictures are edited down from stuff you can find in p1k3.com/imgs/ , as usual.
- February 24 2007 :: <caeb> Well. You at least no longer look like Mr. QBasic Nerd.
- February 24 2008 :: <Molly> I like this one a lot.
- February 26 2006 :: <Brennen> "Unapologetic case", I meant to say.
- February 26 2007 :: TheLaughingGoat
- February 28 2006 :: <Brennen> (On the other hand, do the roles in the modern computer ecosystem of big database systems and massively featureful language/toolsets like Perl completely undermine this line of thinking about Unix? Maybe. Hell, probably, but I think not in directions that would do much to change my discontent with Big Stupid Java and Big Stupid Desktop Operating Systems.)
- February 2 2007 :: <Brennen> LinkDump
- February 3 2008 :: <Saalon> Killer bit of writing, man.
- February 5 2004 :: Ahh loquacious, great word choice! That is the only time I have ever heard or seen that word outside of either GMAT or GRE context. Awesome. :-) But are you sure that garrulous wouldn't be a better description?
- February 8 2004 :: You didn't.
- February 8 2007 :: <Anonymous> wow brother, you need to teach me to speak computer
- February 8 2009 :: <Alan> "Still have not finished the book" - reading, or writing?
- February 9 2008 :: <Anonymous> shapers and seers of a world where
- February 9 2014 :: <stilldavid> dude.
- FerencSzasz :: TrackingAcademics, TrackingWriters. SeeAlso: MargaretConnellSzasz.
- FernandoSolanas :: TrackingWriters
- FieldTrip :: Some notes for a little web app. Also look at September 8 2007.
- FileMerge :: the.taoofmac.com/space/apps/FileMerge
- FileSharing :: WareLogging. I'm looking for some tools to create a shared pool of files between half a dozen users or so, over a secure connection. It might be sufficient to create an encrypted VPN, or to cruft together a solution from SSH/SFTP/SCP. Doesn't need to be anonymous (from the inside), or completely decentralized, but ideally would be basically invisible to the world (no funky ports open on our server). Also should send files peer to peer rather than through a central point, now that I think about it, so as not to hammer the server.
- FileTransfer :: WareLogging
- FileTransferProtocol :: See FTP.
- FireOnTheMountain :: EdwardAbbey, NewMexico.
- FireWood :: Firewood seems to split easiest:
- FirefoxCloseTabExtension :: <Brennen> Not actually an extension, but: ffextensionguru.wordpress.com/2006/10/22/firefox-20-close-tab-buttons/
- FirefoxConfig :: <Brennen> MozillaFirefox. Go to "about:config". Much really useful stuff here.
- FirefoxExtension :: WareLogging. See MozillaFirefox.
- FirstInternational :: HistoryOf. KarlMarx.
- FishShell :: <Brennen> WareLogging
- FlashIsYourEnemy :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. What has Flash done for the web? Well, there's YouTube. YouTube is pretty cool. Other than that, um:
- FolkProcess :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. PeteSeeger.
- FolkwaysAnthology :: Music
- FolsomPrisonBlues :: RequiredMusic, JohnnyCash.
- ForkingWikipedia :: IdeaLogging. Has anyone done this yet? On a small or large scale?
- FortCollins :: PlaceLogging
- FortCollinsColorado :: PlaceLogging
- FortHayesKansas :: Misspelled.
- FortWayneIndiana :: PlaceLogging
- FountainPen :: <Brennen> I love fountain pens. I presently own half a dozen Sheaffers - several basic plastic school pens of various vintages, a fat-barreled "calligraphy" pen with 3 sizes of interchangeable nib, and a $5 model I found in a college bookstore in Billings, MT. A couple that my mom used in grade school are easily the best of these.
- FountainPens :: Content under FountainPen.
- FranciWashburn :: <Brennen> TrackingWriters
- FrancisParkman :: TrackingWriters.
- FranzKafka :: TrackingWriters.
- FrederickDouglass :: TrackingWriters, HistoryOf
- FrederickJacksonTurner :: TrackingWriters, HistoryOf.
- FreeAsInBeer :: IdeaLogging
- FreeAsInFreedom :: BookLogging. ''Free as in Freedom: Richard Stallman's Crusade for Free Software'', SamWilliams. O'Reilly, 2002.
- FreeAsInSpeech :: IdeaLogging
- FreeCulture :: BookLogging, IntellectualProperty. By LawrenceLessig.
- FreeImages :: <Brennen> FreeAsInBeer & FreeAsInSpeech. A list of places to get same.
- FreeSchool :: IdeaLogging; SeeAlso: AlbanyFreeSchool.
- FreeSchools :: See DemocraticSchool.
- FreeSoftware :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging, WareLogging. FreeAsInSpeech.
- FreeToLearn :: BigHitWonder. A documentary film about the AlbanyFreeSchool.
- FreeVerse :: IdeaLogging. SeeAlso: RequiredPoetry, ProsePoetry, June 19 2003.
- Free verse, loosely defined :: free verse, loosely defined
- FreedomPress :: Published QuestioningTechnology.
- FreezerPizza :: IdeaLogging
- FreightShipping :: <Elizabeth> www.freightcenter.com
- FrenchPress :: WareLogging: A CoffeeMaking utensil. Though it sounds like the kind of thing that could be a euphemism for some once-scandalous sexual act.
- FriedrichNietzsche :: TrackingWriters.
- FrontPorch :: Front Porch Newspaper
- FuckTheRecordingIndustryAssociationOfAmerica :: <Brennen> A sentiment I think most of us can get behind.
- FunctionalProgramming :: IdeaLogging
- FunkMusic :: Write something.
pick a name (required to comment or edit a page)
last edited June 7, 2005