Gossamer, grunge, gargoyle, and gastrointestinal.
- G :: Gossamer, grunge, gargoyle, and gastrointestinal.
- GabrielleRoy :: <Brennen> TrackingWriters.
- GameTheory :: IdeaLogging
- GardenOfTheGods :: PlaceLogging
- GarrisonKeillor :: TrackingWriters. PrairieHomeCompanion.
- GarySnyder :: TrackingWriters
- GasolineLollipops :: Music.
- GearyHobson :: TrackingWriters
- GeeksBearingGifts :: BookLogging, by TedNelson.
- GeneSelection :: IdeaLogging. RichardDawkins, TheSelfishGene, all that, I think.
- GeneralSemantics :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. I get a strong whiff of quackery, but AlfredKorzybski was apparently influential on RobertHeinlein, among others.
- GenreFiction :: IdeaLogging, BookLogging. SpeculativeFiction, ScienceFiction, WesternFiction, DetectiveFiction, FantasyFiction, etc.
- GenreIsBullshit :: IdeaLogging. Of course it's not, always. We can discuss related kinds of art. It's productive to do that. It's not productive to confuse your categories of analysis with the things you're analyzing.
- GeoffBerner :: Music. Wrote "Light Enough to Travel". Yeah, the Tanyas' version is better.
- GeorgeDraffan :: TrackingWriters
- GeorgeHarwoodPhillips :: Bringing Them under Subjection
- GeorgeLakoff :: TrackingWriters, TrackingAcademics.
- GeorgeMonbiot :: TrackingWriters.
- GeorgeOrwell :: TrackingWriters
- GeorgeWashingtonGrayson :: TrackingWriters. Creek author, 1843-1920. Related to LyleGrayson?
- George RR Martin :: A good interview (good answers more than good questions):
- GeraldVizenor :: <Brennen> TrackingWriters, TrackingAcademics.
- GerberFiles :: See PrintedCircuitBoards.
- GermanDaysOfTheWeek :: Sonntag (Sunday)
- GiftCulture :: IdeaLogging.
- GillianWelch :: Music.
- GiniIndex :: IdeaLogging. A statistical measure of (in?)equality. Check the Wikipedia article for details.
- GlenPhillips :: Music
- GlobalArtMaterials :: WareLogging. KansasCity. Sell a pocket-sized sketchbook called the Hand•book. Fairly nice paper and construction. The paper is heavy enough to take brushed ink and probably some watercolor. Seems much more suited to sketching than the MoleskineNotebook sketchbook variety.
- GlobalWarming :: IdeaLogging.
- GoPlaces :: pages/tags
- GodAndTheState :: BookLogging. A pamphlet by MikhailBakunin, small chunk of a longer work. Available at the BoulderPublicLibrary.
- GodHatesUsAll :: RequiredMusic (in a way)
- GodObject :: IdeaLogging, ObjectOrientedProgramming.
- GodspeedYouBlackEmperor :: RequiredMusic.
- Goethe :: TrackingWriters
- GoldenAge :: IdeaLogging
- GoldenAgeScienceFiction :: TrackingGenres
- GoldenMean :: IdeaLogging
- GoldenOpportunities :: A covers record by OkkervilRiver.
- GoldfingerMusic :: RequiredMusic. If for nothing else, because of "Fuck you and your cat", and "Fuck TedNugent".
- GonzoAccess :: WirelessInternet. Broadband provider out of LongmontColorado.
- GoodDesign :: Some things I've liked (subtext: steal ideas here):
- GoodnightJohnDee :: A song by GrantLeeBuffalo, available on the b-side disc of StormHymnal.
- GoogleAndLynx :: <Brennen> WareLogging. Does/did Google really use Lynx for spidering purposes? It's possible, but the only people I've seen stating it as fact are "SearchEngineOptimization" types, who are so full of it that it's hard to buy this.
- GoogleEarth :: MappingStuff.
- GoogleMail :: WareLogging.
- GoogleMaps :: WareLogging, VisualizingThings, MappingStuff. There have been web-accessible maps and satellite imagery for probably a decade now, but the simple truth is that most of them have sucked - even when the raw data is good, the interfaces have been awful. This is different, and promises to be huge. Also, it's eminently hackable, especially since Google has released an API. A few interesting applications are linked below; a search will yield many more.
- GooglePicasa :: WareLogging. ImageManipulation.
- GooglePrint :: WareLogging
- GospelOfJohn :: BookLogging. One of the four gospels of the canonical NewTestament.
- GospelOfThomas :: BookLogging
- GraduatePrograms :: Thinking about grad school. Also useful may be TrackingAcademics.
- GrammaticalMan :: BookLogging, by JeremyCampbell. 1982. InformationTheory, ClaudeShannon, etc.
- GrandJunctionColorado :: PlaceLogging
- GrandStreet :: PlaceLogging, AlbanyNewYork. AnarchistCollectives, CommunalSocieties, IronweedCollective. Hot spot for Gentrification.
- GrantLeeBuffalo :: Music.
- GraphPaper :: Analog WareLogging. Well, you know. Paper with a grid of thin (usually) blue lines on it.
- GraphicalUserInterfaces :: IdeaLogging.
- GrassRootsUltimate :: BoulderColorado area UltimateFrisbee organization.
- GraywaterRecycling :: IdeaLogging. WaterConservation.
- GreatWeedSongs :: <Brennen> Moved to WeedSongs 'cause I didn't necessarily want to imply a value judgement in the page title - might be useful to list weed songs which aren't really "great".
- GreenCornRebellion :: HistoryOf something.
- GreenSkull :: FreeImages.
- GregKuzma :: TrackingWriters, Poetry.
- Greg Brown :: Greg Brown has a song called "Rexroth's Daughter".
- Greg O'Brien :: TrackingAcademics, NativeAmericanHistory
- GrewUpInRuralNebraska :: One of those strangely fascinating things to plug into a search engine.
- GrimMeathookFuture :: IdeaLogging.
- GroundhogMedicine :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging
- GroupSelection :: IdeaLogging
- GrowingUpAbsurd :: BookLogging, by PaulGoodman.
- Grunky :: <Brennen> Have decided this is a stupid word.
- GunsGermsAndSteel :: IdeaLogging, HumanNature, HistoryOf. ''Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies''. A book by JaredDiamond. Big, sweeping historical synthesis. Geography, evolution, etc. SeeAlso: TheBlankSlate, Consilience.
- GuyClarke :: Should be GuyClark.
- GuyGavrielKay :: TrackingWriters
pick a name (required to comment or edit a page)
last edited June 7, 2005