Many fun things also begin with the letter O.
- O :: Many fun things also begin with the letter O.
- Oakhurst :: BluegrassMusic
- OasisMusic :: RequiredMusic. Say what you will, they're responsible for at least one truly great album.
- ObjectOrientedProgramming :: IdeaLogging
- Obsessively detailed sites about good music :: theband.hiof.no/
- OctavioGetino :: TrackingWriters
- October 10 2008 :: <Stephen> If you've got a mac around, FileMerge is pretty great. Fantastic for resolving svn conflicts.
- October 13 2003 :: ''Which leaves the systems that really are something like that notebook on a table. How would we go about implementing a kind of handwriting on a wiki?''
- October 13 2010 :: Brontosaurus.
- October 14 2005 :: <Stephen> It's not just technically interesting, but the picture painted with your words is so vivid, so alive, I can see so much unwritten detail.
- October 15 2006 :: <caeb> i don't like that.
- October 15 2012 :: <Molly> Peace Corps?
- October 16 2006 :: <Alan> giftfile
- October 17 2006 :: <Stephen> A couple thoughts:
- October 18 2004 :: <Anonymous> Natey thinks you should try this link to the video instead: www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2652831 - because one crappy proprietary video format deserves another.
- October 1 2008 :: <Jacob> does it have the audio tones as well? it better. it was hard enough without it.
- October 21 2006 :: <caeb> i didn't remember it as THAT bad a night at winfield. might just be something about being the second most drunk person at the table.
- October 22 2005 :: <stephen> I'd be all for a great room discussion.
- October 22 2008 :: <Molly> oh come ON.
- October 23 2003 :: "Right, no more mining old piles of paper for semi-readable text. It would be a bad habit to get into."
- October 23 2005 :: <Molly> heh. prarie dogs. heh.
- October 23 2009 :: <Saalon> Funny side note: I got a job offer from K&L Gates, who sent the actual letter, a year ago and almost took it.
- October 24 2004 :: <Kira> I work with people.
- October 24 2008 :: <Molly> that's better.
- October 24 2010 :: Jeffrey Haemer says this is "Araneus geminata -- the cat-faced spider".
- October 25 2006 :: <Molly> genres suck and also don't exist.
- October 26 2005 :: OrganicFood, BoulderColorado, IdeaLogging.
- October 26 2008 :: <Jacob> "and dry corn in the fields,
- October 27 2004 :: <Kira> Congratulations!
- October 28 2006 :: <caeb> Who on earth would send you a ransom note?
- October 29 2006 :: <Molly> aw.
- October 2 2005 :: SeeAlso: RuleUsingAnimals.
- October 30 2003 :: DeleteThisPage
- October 31 2006 :: <caeb> The other night I dreamt I gave birth to a calf.
- October 3 2003 :: <Brent> Bren, you wrote that "Things could be tightened up here and there" on the Wala script. Okay. What?
- October 3 2005 :: <Elizabeth> You are an artist, sir. Truly, verily.
- October 3 2006 :: <Stephen> Your resume looks great. But you may want to think about listing some job accomplishments rather than job descriptions in your bullet points.
- October 3 2007 :: WareLogging, PerlLanguage, PerlCode, DisplayCode. FastCGI.
- October 4 2006 :: WareLogging, DisplayCode.
- October 4 2007 :: <Brent> What subjects are you thinking of researching?
- October 8 2005 :: <caeb> "Treating scalp lacerations..?"
- October 8 2006 :: <Molly> I am in Texas this weekend. So have a nice time.
- October 9 2003 :: Oh oh! Read "Timeline" by Michael Crichton for more on the "authenticity is the ultimate tourist destination of the 21st century" idea.
- October 9 2006 :: <Brennen> Moved some stuff from here to the p1k3 entry.
- October 9 2007 :: <Brent> Oof. If I had the money, I'd do it.
- OilShale :: www.ourpubliclands.org/colorado/oilshale:
- OkkervilRiver :: RequiredMusic.
- OldCrowMedicineShow :: BluegrassMusic.
- OldMarket :: PlaceLogging. Gentrified former warehouse/industrial/market district in OmahaNebraska. Some cool shops, brick streets.
- OldTimer :: WareLogging. A brand of PocketKnife, manufactured by Schrade in the US until 2004ish. Subsequently MadeInChina.
- OmahaNebraska :: PlaceLogging
- OnDistraction :: IdeaLogging
- OnSimplicity :: Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication, which is baffling -- the incomprehensible should cause suspicion rather than admiration. Possibly this trend results from a mistaken belief that using a somewhat mysterious device confers an aura of power on the user. -- NiklausWirth
- On the gripping hand :: See, LarryNiven and JerryPournelle wrote this really fun book called ''The Mote in God's Eye''. It has a cool title, some questionable biology, and a huge debt to RobertHeinlein. It also gave us "on the gripping hand", one of speculative fiction's more useful phrases.
- OnceWereWarriors :: BookLogging, by AlanDuff. NewZealand.
- OneLiners :: WareLogging
- OneLinersAreCrucial :: IdeaLogging
- OneVastWinterCount :: NativeAmericanHistory
- One of my favorite bands :: You'd think this would be self explanatory.
- OpenOffice :: <Brennen> WareLogging.
- OpinelKnife :: MadeInFrance, simple folding knives with a wooden handle and (on some models) simple locking-ring mechanism at the top to hold the blade in place. Various sizes. Sold by model numbers. Coghlan's sells a variety of the No 08 as a camping knife - I found it in the sporting goods -> camping section at McGuckin Hardware in sort of generic green card + plastic bubble packaging, for around $17 after tax. It was near the cookware & eating utensils, far from the knife case.
- OpposableThumbs :: <Brennen> PlaceLogging. A CoOp near BoulderColorado.
- OralHistory :: HistoryOf.
- Oral history :: Moved to OralHistory.
- OregonState :: PlaceLogging
- OrganicFarms :: IdeaLogging
- OrganicFood :: IdeaLogging, HistoryOfAgriculture.
- Organization :: IdeaLogging: All organizations are dysfunctional.
- OriginalSin :: <Brennen> IdeaLogging. In many forms, one of those ThingsWhichSuck.
- OrsonScottCard :: TrackingWriters. EndersGame, ''Maps in a Mirror''.
- OskarBlues :: Blues bar, restaurant, & brewery in LyonsColorado.
- OurLivesAreTwoDifferentMovies :: "Our lives are two different movies - more than that, they are two different ''kinds'' of movies."
- OverTheRhine :: Music.
- OwenJander :: <Brennen> TrackingAcademics
- OzmaMusic :: Ozma. RequiredMusic.
pick a name (required to comment or edit a page)
last edited June 7, 2005