Thursday, April 12
more observations on gear nerdery & utility fetishism
1. You have too much crap in your wallet.
1a. There's nothing you can do about it, so relax.
2. A film camera isn't just a different animal. It breathes some other atmosphere and preys on strange creatures with metabolisms a digital camera isn't even sure can exist.
3. Twist-action on/off is stupid. Flashlights should have a button you can click with one hand.
4. Fuck nonstandard batteries, especially in basic tools. If I can't buy them at the only store in town, your gadget is bad and you should feel bad.
5. Most of what you can't move with a skidsteer loader just doesn't need moved all that bad.